[Xymon] Postfix queue monitor - no graphs

Jeremy Laidman jlaidman at rebel-it.com.au
Thu Mar 12 02:28:11 CET 2015

On 12 March 2015 at 02:12, Shawn Heisey <hobbit at elyograg.org> wrote:

> I do not see any RRD files for postfix.

OK, this rules out a number of areas where it might fail.

>  I have added postfix to these
> lines in xymonserver.cfg:

<snip>

That looks correct.

I also added this as the last line in xymonserver.cfg:

> SPLITNCV_postfix="*:GAUGE"

yep

Perhaps you need to restart xymond_rrd?  I think xymond_rrd reads the
SPLITNCV_* and TEST2RRD parameters only when it starts, and so needs to be
restarted.  Actually, you only need to kill the two xymond_rrd processes,
and Xymon will restart them automatically.  So something like: "sudo pkill
xymond_rrd".

> Adding the xymon user to the postfix group won't work, because the
> postfix queue directories have permission 700.  That was the first idea
> that occurred to me, and it wouldn't work.

Sorry, I should have said "and setting the dir permission to 750".

> I found another permissions solution that I like better.  I added
> "BBTMP=/tmp" to the beginning of the CMD line in the clientlaunch

Yup, that works.