[Xymon] Xymon / Devmon Graphs only on trends

Brandon Dale BDale at kitchengroup.com.au
Tue Mar 10 12:08:46 CET 2015

I am trying to setup Devmon 0.3.1-beta1 with Xymon 4.3.17. I am currently testing with the generic ups template. I can't work out how to make the graphs appear on the same page as the test. I think I have Devmon setup correctly and I have .rrd files being generated for the tests. If I add the tests to "GRAPHs=.." in xymonserver.cfg they appear on the trends page:

GRAPHS="la,disk,inode,qtree,files,processes,memory,users,vmstat,iostat,tcp.http,tcp,ncv,netstat,ifstat,mrtg::1,ports,temperature,ntpstat,apache,bind,sendmail,mailq,socks,bea,iishealth,citrix,bbgen,bbtest,bbproxy,hobbitd,clock,lines,ops,stats,cifs,JVM,JMS,HitCache,Session,JDBCConn,ExecQueue,JTA,TblSpace,RollBack,MemReq,InvObj,snapmirr,snaplist,snapshot,devmon::1,if_load::1,temp,paging,mdc,mdchitpct,cics,dsa,getvis,maxuser,nparts,xymongen,xymonnet,xymonproxy,xymond,battery,power,powerin"

The problem is if I add them to TEST2RRD using "devmon" syntax like below they do not display on the test page.

TEST2RRD="cpu=la,disk,inode,qtree,memory,$PINGCOLUMN=tcp,http=tcp,dns=tcp,dig=tcp,time=ntpstat,vmstat,iostat,netstat,temperature,apache,bind,sendmail,mailq,nmailq=mailq,socks,bea,iishealth,citrix,bbgen,bbtest,bbproxy,hobbitd,files,procs=processes,ports,clock,lines,ops,stats,cifs,JVM,JMS,HitCache,Session,JDBCConn,ExecQueue,JTA,TblSpace,RollBack,MemReq,InvObj,snapmirr,snaplist,snapshot,if_load=devmon,temp=devmon,paging,mdc,mdchitpct,cics,dsa,getvis,maxuser,nparts,xymongen,xymonnet,xymonproxy,xymond,battery=devmon,power=devmon,powerin=devmon"

If I remove "=devmon" like below they appear but the .rrd files stop updating.

TEST2RRD="cpu=la,disk,inode,qtree,memory,$PINGCOLUMN=tcp,http=tcp,dns=tcp,dig=tcp,time=ntpstat,vmstat,iostat,netstat,temperature,apache,bind,sendmail,mailq,nmailq=mailq,socks,bea,iishealth,citrix,bbgen,bbtest,bbproxy,hobbitd,files,procs=processes,ports,clock,lines,ops,stats,cifs,JVM,JMS,HitCache,Session,JDBCConn,ExecQueue,JTA,TblSpace,RollBack,MemReq,InvObj,snapmirr,snaplist,snapshot,if_load=devmon,temp=devmon,paging,mdc,mdchitpct,cics,dsa,getvis,maxuser,nparts,xymongen,xymonnet,xymonproxy,xymond,battery,power,powerin "

I cannot work out what I am doing wrong. Is there something in xymon I need to do to make this work?

Separate Question - Is devmon still the best way to do SNMP monitoring with xymon? I can see there is a file called snmpmibs.cfg but a quick google and it looks like this was never fully developed?

Regards,

Brandon