[Xymon] Detecting read-only file system in Linux

SebA spah at syntec.co.uk
Mon Mar 9 14:27:07 CET 2015

Great, I thought as much!

> > and whether any patches can be integrated upstream or plug-ins added
> > to xymonton?
>
> I'm not sure where exactly at https://wiki.xymonton.org/ I should add
> our set of plugins.

I'm not an expert, but I would have thought under monitors - that is where
most of the existing 'things' are, and I expect that most of 'your' plugins
are monitors?
https://wiki.xymonton.org/doku.php/monitors

> > CCing Axel Beckert as he seems to have committed
> > something to the mount-ro plugin recently:
> > https://www.openhub.net/p/hobbit-plugins/commits
>
> Hrm, OpenHub seems horribly out of date with most projects
> recently... The full view on that Git repo is at
> https://anonscm.debian.org/cgit/collab-maint/hobbit-plugins.git/
>
> The source code of the mount-ro plugin is quite simple:
> https://anonscm.debian.org/cgit/collab-maint/hobbit-plugins.gi
> t/tree/misc.d/mount-ro
>
> It's though not a direct plugin but meant for the meta-plugin "misc"
> which calls all scripts in /etc/xymon/misc.d/ and summarizes their
> exit codes into a single check. This is meant for checks which get
> yellow/red only very seldom and where you don't want to waste a whole
> column for it.
>
> misc plugin:
> https://anonscm.debian.org/cgit/collab-maint/hobbit-plugins.gi
> t/tree/client-ext/misc
>
> Hobbit.pm used in the misc plugin and many other plugins in that
> package:
> https://anonscm.debian.org/cgit/collab-maint/hobbit-plugins.gi
> t/tree/perl/Hobbit.pm

Thanks very much Axel: this should enable me to get these working on
non-Debian. Are there any docs in the Git repo (or elsewhere)?

> 		Kind regards, Axel Beckert
> --
> Axel Beckert <beckert at phys.ethz.ch>       support: +41 44 633 26 68
> IT Services Group, HPT H 6                  voice: +41 44 633 41 89
> Departement of Physics, ETH Zurich
> CH-8093 Zurich, Switzerland		   http://nic.phys.ethz.ch/

Kind regards,

Sebastian