[Xymon] Xymon PowerShell Windows client

Brandon Dale BDale at kitchengroup.com.au
Thu Mar 5 01:09:47 CET 2015

Say I was mixing the commands and had this in client-local.cfg and it applied to both bbwin and powershell clients I might end up with something like:

eventlogswanted:*:250000:warning,critical,error
clientversion:1.98:\\testserver01\test\
eventlog:security:10240
ignore “insert some noisy informational event you are ignoring for bbwin but isn’t relevant for PowerShell as it’s not retrieving informational events”

It looks confusing, the eventlog:log_name:max_size command would work for both clients just the powershell client won’t read the size. And Just in general it’s hard to tell which client is doing what. Maybe a solution is to have all the powershell commands start with something unique to the client so the commands can never overlap with bbwin.

Regards,

Brandon