[Xymon] enhancement request: nested entries in alerts.cfg and analysis.cfg

Phil Crooker Phil.Crooker at orix.com.au
Mon Jun 15 04:39:46 CEST 2015

I'm sure many people have regexes with expressions like host[0-9].whatever.com to cover multiple hosts in alert HOST groups. It would be useful to be able to have a HOST statement within a group, eg:

$LINUX=host[0-9].whatever.com

HOST=%$LINUX COLOR=RED

        MAIL helpdesk at whatever.com

        HOST host4.whatever.com MAIL devel at whatever.com SERVICE=http

        HOST !%host[25].whatever.com MAIL someone at whatever.com

As it is, I now have to rename 'host4', etc, in xymon and create separate HOST statements.

Although I don't have as great a need for this capability in analysis.cfg, it makes sense to have it there as well.

Is this something others want?