[Xymon] xymon, xymon-rclient and md5sum checks

Jeremy Laidman jlaidman at rebel-it.com.au
Fri Jun 5 04:10:36 CEST 2015

No, it's not using "stat".  Instead, it's using a series of shell commands,
and in some cases (such as for the "*time" and "group" lines) a bit of
perl.  If you're interested, you can check how it's all done in the
send_logfetch_file() function (from line 323).  This function essentially
creates a sequence of commands that get sent to the shell on the remote
client.

I have no idea why it's not working for Solaris.  But I can confirm that
it's not working for my Solaris boxes also.  This means I can do some
testing here and (I hope) come up with a fix.  Sorry I can't offer any more
at this stage.