[Xymon] Possible bug in protocol tests

Phil Crooker Phil.Crooker at orix.com.au
Thu Jul 30 02:50:20 CEST 2015

Just out of curiosity, I tried this to eliminate the 503 error:

[smtp2]
   send "helo hostname\r\nquit\r\n"
   expect "250"
   options banner
   port 25

Which produces:

    220 server.domain.com ESMTP Postfix
    250 server.domain.com
    221 2.0.0 Bye

So, this fixes the 503 error but the test fails to yellow as xymonnet appears only to respond to the initial 220 response. OK, so if I remove the banner option I get this, just the single line:

    220 server.domain.com ESMTP Postfix

And the 'expect "250"' still fails (to reset the web display I had to set expect to 220 to get green, then back to 250). So it appears all the responses other than the initial connection response are considered "banner" and not part of the evaluation.