[Xymon] Monitoring RSA Authentication Manager appliances

Root, Paul T Paul.Root at CenturyLink.com
Mon Jul 27 15:29:50 CEST 2015

You could use rclient to get the client data out of the appliance. That is if you can ssh into it.

From: Xymon [mailto:xymon-bounces at xymon.com] On Behalf Of Asif Iqbal
Sent: Friday, July 24, 2015 9:02 PM
To: Robert Herron
Subject: Re: [Xymon] Monitoring RSA Authentication Manager appliances

On Fri, Jul 24, 2015 at 2:55 PM, Robert Herron <robert.herron at gmail.com<mailto:robert.herron at gmail.com>> wrote:

Is anyone monitoring RSA Authentication Manager appliances using Xymon? Beyond the xymonnet tests?

I'm on the verge of upgrading to AM 8.1.  AM is strictly appliance-based now. You can run virtual appliances on vmware or hyper-v or a hardware appliance. In all cases, the appliance runs SUSE LES 11 x86_64.  It doesn't have a compiler or related tools so installing the Xymon client won't be a cakewalk. So, I thought I'd check before trailblazing a new path.

Just install it on another opensuse 11.3 X86_64 and bring over tar ball of /home/xymon and start it. It works just fine. I have done just that few months ago and running ever since.

I installed opensuse on my virtualbox and did the install there.

Asif Iqbal
PGP Key: 0xE62693C5 KeyServer: pgp.mit.edu<http://pgp.mit.edu>
A: Because it messes up the order in which people normally read text.
Q: Why is top-posting such a bad thing?
This communication is the property of CenturyLink and may contain confidential or privileged information. Unauthorized use of this communication is strictly prohibited and may be unlawful. If you have received this communication in error, please immediately notify the sender by reply e-mail and destroy all copies of the communication and any attachments.