[Xymon] All Xymon rrd graphs suddenly haywire

Steve B rectifier at gmail.com
Tue Jul 7 22:36:17 CEST 2015

It is extremely odd J.C. and thanks very much for your reply, has given me
something to think about. I am not at the office now but before I left,
after the copying over of the rrds files from Friday all looked ok, graphs
were being generated properly, from xymon, bbwin from hosts and devmon.
Then an hour later just as I was leaving, I saw a few checks having the
issue again. It was slowly starting again. I had decided I had to do the
*restore* of the rrds though just for peace of mind about the network
intervention at the weekend not being anything to do with this whole issue
(which would be very unlikely in the first place) so now I can be sure that
is not the culprit.

To answer your question, it is all (bar none actually) types of RRD (conn,
disk, memory, devmon etc).  I did not see anything unusual in the status
history around that time, but now that it has happened again today after
the restore, I have some good time stamps to check through log files
tomorrow.  Perhaps not all hosts/checks will be affected by the time I
arrive at the office tomorrow.

At the vm level I have not checked yet (handled by another team) but will
do tomorrow. I did check the server from within RHEL and cpu/memory/disk
seemed fine today and last few days.

I still think it's (our) Xymon that's having some difficulties somewhere
although general host memory corruption is something I will look at.

Thanks again, will post more when I make some discoveries.

Steve