custom script once a day

usa ims usaims at yahoo.com
Thu Jan 22 20:35:00 CET 2015

I have a custom client test that I only want it to be executed once every day at 2:15am. After looking through the man pages of hosts.cfg and alerts.cfg, I am confused on what is the best course of action.  From reading the archives, it was indicated to use the cron utility of Linux for it to start at ‘2:15am’.

I would like to be alerted only once but the test to run every hour until recovered. The sysadmin arrives at work in the morning and will fix it then and the next time the script runs (every 60 minutes), it will recover and turn green.

In the clientlaunch.cfg of the xymon/hobbit client, I’m going to put 15m, am I correct?

[xxxxx]
        ENVFILE $HOBBITCLIENTHOME/etc/hobbitclient.cfg
        CMD $HOBBITCLIENTHOME/ext/xxxxx.pl
        LOGFILE $HOBBITCLIENTHOME/logs/xxxxx.log
        INTERVAL 60m

And in the  script I’m going to put ‘status+24h’ so that it will not turn purple.

$BB $BBDISP "status+24h $HOSTNAME.$TESTNAME $COLOR $MSG”

In the alerts.cfg, I have the following:
HOST=xxxxx
       SCRIPT /etc/xymon/xxxxx-emails-geoxx.sh SERVICE=xxxxx COLOR=yellow REPEAT=24h FORMAT=SCRIPT RECOVERED

Is this the best course of action? Thanks in advance.

usaims