[Xymon] 4.3.18 install issues. /home/xymon permissions, missing FollowSymLinks

J.C. Cleaver cleaver at terabithia.org
Fri Feb 20 21:23:53 CET 2015

On Fri, February 20, 2015 9:26 am, Andrew Rakowski wrote:

> Secondly, I needed to add "FollowSymLinks" to the cgi options sections in
> the apache config file for xymon before any of the scripts would work.
> Once that was in place, and Apache restarted, we seemed to have a working
> xymon install.

Odd. FollowSymLinks should already be present in the config files for
4.3.18. Which stanza did you need to add it to?

> I'm assuming when doing a "./configure --server" I'm also configuring the
> client (as it's now running on the server.)  Can I just grab a tarball of
> the /home/xymon/client directory and use it for client installations on
> the same architecture systems, or do I need to run a separate configure
> and build for "--client"?

When making a tarball to copy onto other systems, it's better to do a
./configure --client since you'll end up pulling in slightly lighter
binaries, however the ones produced by the server config should still
work.

Regards,
-jc