[Xymon] multiple graphs on same custom script

Jeremy Laidman jlaidman at rebel-it.com.au
Tue Feb 17 05:51:27 CET 2015

On 5 February 2015 at 08:45, Sheel Shah <Sheel.Shah at rd.com> wrote:

>  I have a custom script that generates several pieces of data, which are
> being collected perfectly in their respective RRD files. The issue I have
> is that the different data that is collected are drastically different in
> scale to each other, to the point where if I put them on the same
> graphs.cfg configuration, the lesser numbers on the graph stay stagnant at
> the bottom of the scale. With that said, is there a way to have multiple
> graphs for the same column on the xymon homepage? Is it as simple as having
> two definitions with the same heading (as shown below)?

Sheel

If you have two graph definitions with the same name, the second one
overrides the first.  In fact I put this to good use by re-defining some of
the standard graph definitions, without having to do anything to the
graphs.cfg (just an "include" line at the end).

If you have two graph definitions named (say) [graphname] and [graphname2]
then you can have both of the appear on the Trends page by having
TRENDS:*,graphname:graphname|graphname1,...

So what this means is, where you would normally have [graphname] shown on
the Trends page, Xymon now shows [graphname] and [graphname2].

Alas this only applies to the Trends page, and not to the test status
pages.  But it might be sufficient for some.