[Xymon] Renaming a test from UPPERCASE to NormalCase

Henrik Størner henrik at hswn.dk
Mon Feb 9 12:56:33 CET 2015

Den 2015-02-09 12:51, Ralph Mitchell skrev:
> The checkpoint file saves the state of everything. Xymon writes to it
> occasionally and loads it on startup. I think it also saves state
> when
> it shuts down.  Thats why you need to shut down Xymon before editing
> the checkpoint file.
>
>> But what can i say? I’ve made a copy of the xymond.chk, after that
>> I’ve deleted out all the UPPERCASE entries of these tests. After
>> restarting Xymon, the tests are still present in UPPERCASE.

Xymon is case insensitive in test- and hostnames, but it will preserve
the case that it learns about first. So if you *delete* the tests that
are uppercase, then it will pick up the spelling that is used by the
first test that is reported by a client. On the other hand, if you
*modify* the entries in the checkpoint file, then it will preserve the
case that you have in the checkpoint file.

And yes, you must shutdown xymon when editing the checkpoint file. It
really isn't meant to be edited :-)

I am not entirely sure if you will lose the history for those tests
that get renamed. History is saved in directories and files, and the
filenames are case-sensitive - so you may need to rename those
directories by hand if you want to keep the history.