[Xymon] ftps tests

Galen Johnson Galen.Johnson at sas.com
Thu Dec 17 22:02:32 CET 2015

Hey,

I need to test FTPS on a server but the test keeps complaining that it isn't getting the expected response.  The vsftpd server is NOT running implicit ftps so there is nothing listening on port 990.  I've tested using curl so I know STARTTLS is working over port 21.  I've tried adding the following to my host entry:

ftps:21:s

but it still comes up yellow (log is less than helpful "Service ftps on ftphost1 is not OK : Unexpected service response?").  Has anyone else been able to test ftps with tls over port 21 using xymon?  What am I missing?

thanks

=G=