[Xymon] clientconfig.cfg not getting updated

Colin Coe colin.coe at gmail.com
Tue Dec 15 12:28:57 CET 2015

HI all

Yep, tried single server with the same result.  I've confirmed that
the client-local.cfg file is the same on both servers.

When I add debugging in "function XymonClientConfig($cfglines)", I see
that $cfglines only contains what was already in the file.  I think
the problem is that the client is not successfully downloading
client-local.cfg from the server.

Thanks

On Tue, Dec 15, 2015 at 4:57 PM,  <zak.beck at accenture.com> wrote:
> Hi
>

> Your syntax for tssessions and adreplicaton is incorrect, but I would not
> expect this to stop the file updating.

> the numbers of sessions free below which you will get the appropriate alert,
> e.g. tssessions:10:2
>

> adreplicaton should be adreplicationcheck.
>

> As you have two servers, is the config for client-local.cfg the same on both
> – I think we just take the last one connected to.
>

> You could try it with just one server and see what happens.
>

> Zak Beck

>>> nclient_config.xml and that this contains a path for the
>>> client-local.cfg file and has clientremotecfgexec set to 1 (this is
>>> already done by default in the .xml file in that link)
>>>
>>> 2. Put your settings into the client-local.cfg file on your xymon
>>> server, I have put an example below, the valid commands are listed in
>>> XymonPSClient.doc
>>>
>>> [powershell]
>>> eventlogswanted:*:250000:warning,critical,error
>>> ifstat:ipv4
>>> clientversion:2.04:\\somepath\goes\here
>>>
>>> 3. Wait for or manually run the PowerShell client (by restarting the
>>> XymonPSClient Service in windows), you need to do this at least twice as the
>>> first time you run it, it will get the commands you have in your
>>> client-local.cfg file on your xymon server and write them to the
>>> clientconfig.cfg (or whatever you called it in the .xml file) the second
>>> time it runs it will start reading it.
>>>
>>> Note: make sure you read the documentation for the eventlog ignore rules,
>>> the syntax is different. You can still use the IGNORE PATTERN but the way
>>> you select which eventlogs to check has changed in the powershell client
>>> compared to bbwin.
>>>
>>> Personally I ignore eventlogs in the analysis.cfg on the xymon server
>>> rather the in client-local.cfg as you can use regex to match on eventid +
>>> Source rather than just the description.
>>>

>>> Regards,
>>>

>>> Brandon

>>> tssessions