[Xymon] Upgrade to 4.3.21, https tests seem to no longer work.

Shawn Heisey hobbit at elyograg.org
Tue Aug 25 19:53:46 CEST 2015

I upgraded to 4.3.21 today, from 4.3.14.  It was built using this command:

build/makerpm.sh 4.3.21

After working my way through recovering my configs that were pushed out
of the way as .rpmsave files, I started it.  Immediately I got http
alarms failing.

The most interesting one was this.  I have xymon monitoring its own URL,
which is secured with SSL:

red Tue Aug 25 11:38:40 2015: <!DOCTYPE HTML PUBLIC "-//IETF//DTD HTML
2.0//EN">

&red https://xymon.REDACTED.com/xymon/ - <!DOCTYPE HTML PUBLIC
"-//IETF//DTD HTML 2.0//EN">

<title>400 Bad Request</title>
</head><body>
<h1>Bad Request</h1>
Reason: You're speaking plain HTTP to an SSL-enabled server port.<br />
Instead use the HTTPS scheme to access this URL, please.<br />
<hr>
<address>Apache/2.2.15 (CentOS) Server at xymon.REDACTED.com Port
443</address>

It looks like what's happening is that xymon's http test has forgotten
how to speak HTTPS.  It actually looks like it has forgotten how to
speal SSL entirely -- imaps and pop3s are showing yellow status with
"Unexpected service response" messages.

I am now also seeing purple alarms from sslcert, because none of the SSL
stuff is working right.

How can I fix this?

Thanks,
Shawn