[Xymon] No info status from CL

J.C. Cleaver cleaver at terabithia.org
Wed Aug 12 22:34:50 CEST 2015

"info" unfortunately is not a real status. There's a stub entry for it,
but that's really just something to trick xymongen into displaying a dot
for it. The same goes for the 'trends' column, actually, while the
'clientlog' column is derived from a separate record of whether client
data is present in memory.

In the info and trends cases, the data presented when the svcstatus.sh CGI
is called up (in a normal, dynamic config) is calculated live using data
in xymond's live state and/or the hosts.cfg file.

In recent xymon versions, the "clientlog" status is really just retrieving
the clientlog data under the hood.

Under normal loads, the 'clientlog' command is the easiest way to get this.
Under a normal load, looping through a list shouldn't be much of a
problem. At scale, if you have the RAM, we've found setting up a local
tmpfs partition for recording client data works great more more complex
clientlog queries.

I'd considered adding in a "xymondboard"-esque filter, or a way to pull
multiple clientlogs at once, but there are limits to how efficient the
former could be right now, while there hadn't been much demand for the
latter recently. It's something that could probably be added, however.

Regards,

-jc