[Xymon] Getting "ATT0001.bin" attachments sometimes -- MAILC fix is already in place

Ribeiro, Glauber glauber.ribeiro at experian.com
Wed Aug 12 21:46:19 CEST 2015

That happens because the messages have CR+LF line terminations, or have at least a few lines that have CR in them; this is causing Unix to treat those as binary instead of text content. In our system, I created a script that runs tr to get rid of those

#! /bin/bash
# 20130104 - glauber - get rid of CR in emails
exec /usr/bin/tr -d '\015' | /bin/mail "$@"

Then I set the MAIL parameter in xymonserver.cfg to point to this script instead of the actual mail application.

It works beautifully.