[Xymon] https tests through a proxy

Galen Johnson Galen.Johnson at sas.com
Wed Aug 5 20:43:49 CEST 2015

Hey,

Has anyone gotten Xymon http tests to work through an proxy server?  I have to be able to set the proxy server for ALL https traffic and Xymon just doesn't seem to be able to handle it.  I asked a while back and finally got to do try setting it up but the current recommendation has the severe shortcoming that it doesn't work for https (according to the doc) and I REALLY don't want to have to add a proxy definition to every single http test.

I've tried just adding "export http_proxy=myproxy:port" to the startup scripts but it seems to be ignored.  Seems like an unfortunate oversight in Xymon if it's not user error.  We can test for a specific ssl version but not use a proxy server?  I'm having trouble buying it (hence the likelyhood of user error).

thanks

=G=