[Xymon] xymon-snmpcollect - state ? xymond_channel worker needed for trending ?

Steve steve at nerdynomads.net
Wed Apr 15 22:16:24 CEST 2015

Sorry for the replying to an old message, but seems there hasn't been any recent discussion of snmp polling.

I believe I have everything working perfectly with 4.3.18, I see clientdata coming in on my test switch and I am collecting data on the [ifmib] definition in "server/etc/snmpmibs.cfg". What I don't have is trending on that data. I am assuming that is because the data is coming in under to xymon via "client" message versus a "data" message.

To get trends, I assume I could write a xymond_channel worker listening on the client channel and using a filter option to target only "snmpcollect" messages. This would process the raw data, and submit the data I want to trend on via "data" messages ?

Or am I just to bogged in the details and missing something obvious ? Thanks,
 -Steve