[Xymon] ps output cut

J.C. Cleaver cleaver at terabithia.org
Fri Apr 10 07:51:39 CEST 2015

Gautier,

If it's being truncated by xymond (due to an oversize message), you should
see a line in the xymond.log file (and test) indicating a truncation. If
not, then it's most likely something occurring during during the initial
transport/TCP connection of the report.

Unfortunately, there's no inherent end delimiter, so if something closes
the connection early only a partial data set might come through.

I'd look for a potential network or system issue (sysctl tuning?) that
might be occurring here. We occasionally would see a rash of these when a
DMVPN device connecting a remote datacenter to our where our primary xymon
server was located started acting up.

As a quick patch, you can add "--filter='\\[clock\\]'" to the
xymond_channel options before xymond_client. That should prevent partial
messages from getting parsed by xymond_client into false statuses.

HTH,

-jc