[Xymon] Xymon Setup

Andre Beyleveldt Andreb at paym8.co.za
Thu Sep 25 16:04:04 CEST 2014

Hi Guys

Just some questions regarding Xymon,

1.       At current my hosts.cfg file is getting very big and long with all hosts I am adding. So now when you view Xymon on the frontend ie. Browser you need to scroll down to see everything. Instead of one big list, can you not have your servers and network for instance next to one another like below.?

1.1 Current config.

[cid:image001.png at 01CFD8D9.0BE20B60]

1.2 But to have them rather display as follow, next to one another to save space? I don't want to go and create subpages and then end up with like 20 pages or so.

[cid:image003.jpg at 01CFD8DA.53475E50][cid:image005.jpg at 01CFD8DA.53475E50]

2.       The options that show just above your smiley face or diamond shape etc.

[cid:image008.png at 01CFD8D9.E4C4A870]

2.1 Which ones are default on xymon,? I take it the cpu, disk, memory and some of them come with bbwin if it is installed and monitoring a windows box.

3.       If you setup a conn for ping in the hosts.cfg file and configure the interval time in the server.cfg can you only set the interval in minutes ie. 1M, can you make it in seconds also for a more realtime realistic feel?.

Kind regards,
Andre