[Xymon] Preventing Purple - Periodical Checks

Root, Paul T Paul.Root at CenturyLink.com
Tue Sep 23 03:53:01 CEST 2014

Actually, you’d want it to report what the test is already set as.

From: Xymon [mailto:xymon-bounces at xymon.com] On Behalf Of Steve Coile
Sent: Monday, September 22, 2014 3:01 PM
To: Tres Finocchiaro
Cc: xymon at xymon.com
Subject: Re: [Xymon] Preventing Purple - Periodical Checks

I think the "right" way would be to put the scheduling logic in the script, to have it always report green off-hours, rather than try to tell Xymon to ignore missing reports at certain times.

Xymon is specifically designed (AFAIK) to receive regular data feeds, not intermittent ones.

--
Steve Coile
Senior Network and Systems Engineer, McClatchy Interactive<http://www.mcclatchyinteractive.com/>