[Xymon] Several yellow alerts on nongreen.html page, acknowledge alerts lists none

Root, Paul T Paul.Root at CenturyLink.com
Wed Sep 17 17:01:07 CEST 2014

Hours? I believe the default is 1 hour, and to me that was way too long.

I've set it to 30 minutes, and most of the time still think that's too long.

You can adjust this in analysis.cfg with the UP option.

> I would like to acknowledge these alerts to stop the distracting blinking
yellow icons and show the static yellow check mark icon instead.

> From the nongreen.html page, choosing Administration --> Acknowledge alert
> brings me to the acknowledge.sh page which says "No active alerts" instead of
> displaying the form with each non-green host/test listed and the ability to
> acknowledge multiple hosts.

I've noticed this, I think sometimes when you enter a new page, you have no context. It maybe a bug, but I just think of it as an annoyance.

> If I click on a yellow cpu icon from the nongreen.html page, and then
> Administration --> Acknowledge alert I have the form to acknowledge the yellow
> cpu alert as expected.

> However, there are two problems with this.

> First, with a large number of non-green hosts/tests, I would have to go back
> and choose each test manually and individually to acknowledge it

On the acknowledge page, you can click the check box next to individual alerts, and then at the bottom put in the global message and time for acknowledgment.

> Second, I have no red alerts in the system, but when I om on the
> acknowledge.sh page, the background is red

I think it's always red. I've never seen it otherwise.