[Xymon] client-local.cfg ignore a complicated line - syntax issue?

Jeremy Laidman jlaidman at rebel-it.com.au
Fri Sep 12 10:28:33 CEST 2014

On 12 September 2014 18:23, Jeremy Laidman <jlaidman at rebel-it.com.au> wrote:

> And it's lower-case.

Sorry, I meant that "ignore" is usually in lower-case.  I'm not sure it
matters, but the man page examples use "ignore matchstring" in lower-case.
 The upper-case version, like "IGNORE=matchstring" is the format used in
analysis.cfg, and defines to what to ignore when alerting rather that what
to ignore when sending log messages.  If you're trying to create a rule for
analysis.cfg, then your "log" line is in the wrong format, and should be

LOG /appdata/logserver/local7.log
IGNORE=%(?-i)apcontroller|cli.WARNING|cli.NOTICE