[Xymon] leaking memory, alerts.cfg problems

Tres Finocchiaro tres.finocchiaro at gmail.com
Tue Sep 9 15:57:09 CEST 2014

Our organization is one of I'd assume many that are evaluating our options
now that Dell no longer supports BigBrother.

We had a fairly smooth transition to Xymon (we compiled form source on
Ubuntu 14.04.1 LTS x86-64).

The problem that we're having is that we can't find a sane way to remove a
service check from our switches/routers, specifically TELNET.

We removed the column from displaying on our webpage, but we were still
receiving alerts on it.

We've made customization to our alerts, but now no matter what we try, we
can't get alerts to fire and sometimes see messages like:

someuser at somehost:~$ sudo vi /etc/xymon/alerts.cfg
> [sudo] password for someuser:
> no talloc stackframe at ../source3/param/loadparm.c:4864, leaking memory

I've scoured the internet to no avail.  Any insight?  If we can get the
product running reliably we're sure to use it for years to come. :)

-Tres

- Tres.Finocchiaro at gmail.com