[Xymon] SSLv3 vs TLS, not working for !https

Gorm J. Siiger gjs at sonnit.dk
Fri Oct 17 18:06:09 CEST 2014

Hi all

So looking at the recent POODLE SSL v3 attack, I started reconfiguring servers and hosts.
I same across a problem, not with https sites - as Xymon supports TLS on those, but pop3, imaps and probably more.

Services are reported down, but they are up, just not supporting SSLv3

Error output:
Unspecified SSL error in SSL_connect to pop3s (58115/tcp) on host 192.168.201.xx: error:14077410:SSL routines:SSL23_GET_SERVER_HELLO:sslv3 alert handshake failure
Unspecified SSL error in SSL_connect to imaps (57603/tcp) on host 192.168.201.xx: error:14077410:SSL routines:SSL23_GET_SERVER_HELLO:sslv3 alert handshake failure

I'm not sure what to patch here, to make xymonnet use TLS instead of SSL on all protocols.

Any suggestions would be most appreciated, as many of our hosts are now reported as down.

--
Best regards
Gorm J. Siiger