[Xymon] File Monitoring BBWin Clients

Andy Smith abs at shadymint.com
Mon Oct 13 12:20:42 CEST 2014

Hi,

I am trying to alert when a log on a windows client is not being updated
regularly.  I have this being returned in the Client Data :-

[logfile:D:\XXXX\Logs\YYYY\latest-D.log]
type:0x00020 (file)
mode:777 (not implemented)
linkcount:1
owner:0 (not implemented)
group:0 (not implemented)
size:4978660
atime:1413190800 (2014/10/13-09:00:00)
ctime:1413190800 (2014/10/13-09:00:00)
mtime:1413193801 (2014/10/13-09:50:01)

and when I put (FILE "%.*latest-D.log" YELLOW mtime<900) in analysis.cfg,
Xymon shows the file to be 138 years old :-

File was modified 4294963716 seconds ago - should be <900

This is Xymon 4.3.13 and BBWin 0.13 but I see references to very old
files  as long ago as 2009
(http://sourceforge.net/p/bbwin/discussion/460874/thread/b65f157b/) so
I guess this issue has been around for a long time.

My first thought is that when compared to Client Data from a Unix
client, there is no

clock:1412960833 (2014/10/10-17:07:13)

line, but in check_file() in xymond/client_config.c, this appears to
be covered:-

        if (clock == 0) clock = getcurrenttime(NULL);
        ctimedif = clock - ctime;
        atimedif = clock - atime;
        mtimedif = clock - mtime;

where clock is unsigned int, should that be time_t ?
--

Andy