[Xymon] Solaris 11 Zones iostat problem

Steve Coile scoile at mcclatchyinteractive.com
Fri Oct 3 14:45:04 CEST 2014

Suppose /usr/bin/zonename returned "-f", producing:

[ -f = global ]

which would fail because "=" likely isn't a filename, a test for the
existence of a file by that name likely isn't anywhere close to what you
want to do, and "global" would be an unrecognized argument.

Richard's approach is a good one in the general case, even if in this case
it's very unlikely to have any practical effect.  I use Richard's approach
myself.  You should, too.  :)

--

*Steve Coile*Senior Network and Systems Engineer, McClatchy Interactive
<http://www.mcclatchyinteractive.com/>