[Xymon] disable the ping test version 4.3.7

John Thurston john.thurston at alaska.gov
Thu Oct 2 22:17:43 CEST 2014

On 10/2/2014 12:03 PM, Mark Felder wrote:
> On Thu, Oct 2, 2014, at 14:59, Simioni, Rodney wrote:
>> How can I disable the ping test for the whole hosts.cfg file?

> at the top of your hosts.cfg file:
>
> 0.0.0.0 .default. # noping

Yes, this will do it.... until the next .default. line in the file. If
you are going to use the .default. method, you need to append your
'noping' (or 'noconn', look up the difference) to every .default. line
in your file.

Probably a better way to do this is to use the '--noping' option on the
'xymonnet' task in tasks.cfg. Look at the help file for xymonnet for the
details.

John Thurston    907-465-8591
John.Thurston at alaska.gov
Enterprise Technology Services