[Xymon] Double, triple notifications

Mike Burger mburger at bubbanfriends.org
Wed Oct 1 15:51:19 CEST 2014

On 2014-10-01 9:02 am, Novosielski, Ryan wrote:
> Two places to look to troubleshoot are the notifications.log, to check
> to see whether Xymon actually sent multiples or not, (could be your
> mail server, theoretically) and the "info" test on the server in
> question to see what the notifications settings parsed to. You can
> also look at the config report for that kind of info.
>
> --
> ____ *Note: UMDNJ is now Rutgers-Biomedical and Health Sciences*
>  || \\UTGERS      |---------------------*O*---------------------
>  ||_// Biomedical | Ryan Novosielski - Senior Technologist
>  || \\ and Health | novosirj at rutgers.edu - 973/972.0922 (2x0922)
>  ||  \\  Sciences | OIRT/High Perf & Res Comp - MSB C630, Newark
>       `'

Ryan makes some good points, but, as is the case in my setup, it's more
likely that you have multiple rules in your alerts.cfg that send emails
for the same alarm, covering multiple sets of servers.

--
Mike Burger
http://www.bubbanfriends.org

"It's always suicide-mission this, save-the-planet that. No one ever
just stops by to say 'hi' anymore." --Colonel Jack O'Neill, SG1