[Xymon] AD connectivity / performance test

Andy Smith abs at shadymint.com
Tue Nov 25 19:21:56 CET 2014

Hi,

Is anyone carrying out any monitoring (local or remote) of Windows
Domain Controllers?  If I were to carry out a remote LDAPS test to
retrieve an OU would the success and connection time for that
transaction be a good indicator of 'user experience' ?  I see some
monitors on Xymonton looking at the output from DCDIAG.EXE but these
will require BBWin or equivalent to be installed and I probably wont get
  that authorized and VBS is not well known to me anyway.

Thanks
--
Andy