Using the disk graph definitions

Elizabeth Jones oogiejonz at yahoo.com
Thu Nov 13 22:10:17 CET 2014

I'm now trying to figure out how I can generate disk usage graphs using the disk definitions that are already in xymonserver.cfg and graphs.cfg.  I'm clearly not doing something right because I'm not receiving any disk rrd files.

For my test, I'm trying to send this from my command line -

/home/xymon/xymon.sh 192.50.150.12 "data server0,mycompany,com.disk \n pct : 65"

I took the xymon.sh script from a post that I found in the mail archives here -
( echo "$2"; sleep 1 ) | telnet $1 1984 2>&1 >/dev/null | grep -v "closed by foreign host"

This works perfectly for generating cpu usage graphs with a variable that I created, solcpu:
/home/xymon/xymon.sh 192.50.150.12 "data server0,mycompany.com.solcpu \n solcpu : 90"

I get an rrd file named solcpu.rrd and I'm able to generate a graph by just adding solcpu to xymonserver.cfg and graphs.cfg.

So I thought if I sent the same type of data stream but instead used server0,mycompany,com.disk \n pct : 65 - this would be recognized by the disk section in xymonserver.cfg and graphs.cfg.  But no disk.rrd file is being generated in my rrd directory. I see in other server directories that the files that are created are disk,root.rrd or disk,opt.rrd so maybe I need to do something to shovel the disk volume name into my string somehow?

EJ