[Xymon] Bug Fix memstat.ksh on Solaris 11.2

Vernon Everett everett.vernon at gmail.com
Thu Nov 6 09:19:28 CET 2014

Hi all

I have updated this script on Xymonton.
https://wiki.xymonton.org/doku.php/monitors:memstat

Couple of "bugs" came up.
Firstly, Solaris 11 no longer supports setUID for root owned scripts. You
now need to use sudo, which, thankfully, is installed by default.
Then came a real interesting one when we upgrades to Solaris 11.2

The memstat script uses
echo "::memstat" | mdb -k
to collect the memory usage snapshot.
Except, in Solaris 11.2, there are a few new values.
The most interesting is, ZFS File Data has been split into ZFS File Data
and ZFS Metadata, which is great, except that graphing sees both as haivng
the NCV same index. So I had to make a change for that.
Then there's a real odd-ball. Another entry appears, called Guest. I have
never seen it ahve any other value besides 0, but it's there nonetheless.
And every so often, I also get an entry "In temporary use". I kid you not!
And it messes up the graphs.

The changes should make it all work nicely on Solaris 10, 11, and 11.2
And it should work with setUID and sudo. Take your pick.

Regards
Vernon

--
"Accept the challenges so that you can feel the exhilaration of victory"
- General George Patton