[Xymon] Disable Single Test after Hours

Root, Paul T Paul.Root at CenturyLink.com
Fri May 30 15:33:30 CEST 2014

You can schedule ahead of time to disable that test in the gui.

I don’t know, but I bet there is a way to schedule the disable from a cron script as well.

From: Xymon [mailto:xymon-bounces at xymon.com] On Behalf Of Vernon Everett
Sent: Thursday, May 29, 2014 8:28 PM
To: Xymon mailinglist
Subject: [Xymon] Disable Single Test after Hours

Hi all

I have a host, running an HTTP server.
We need to monitor the host, 24x7, but the HTTP test goes down overnight for regular updates, or refueling or something.  Ours not reason why....
I want to disable just the HTTP test after hours..
And before you say I should put a TIME entry in alerts.cfg, it's not that simple.

Every morning, a remote co-worker, looks at the EvenLog Report, and generates an "Incident Report" for the PHBs.
The alerts.cfg entry simply stops the alerts from going out. The test still goes red, and shows up as an event.

You might think he could exclude the host in the appropriate exclude field, but there are other aspects of the host that need to be monitored, and included in the report.
We could exclude HTTP from the report, but we have other hosts running HTTP services that must remain up, and need to be in the report too.

So how to disable a single HTTP test for a specific time period, on a single server so it doesn't generate events?
Alternatively, leave a single host:test combo out of the EventLog report.

Regards
Vernon
--
"Accept the challenges so that you can feel the exhilaration of victory"
- General George Patton