[Xymon] zonemem.ksh

Vernon Everett everett.vernon at gmail.com
Tue May 13 03:28:01 CEST 2014

Hi Roger

I think you are looking at 2 separate issues here.

The "n/a" in the memory cap is probably showing up because you have no
memory cap on that zone.
Check this bit of the code.

*if [ -z $MEMCAP ]*
   then
      MEMFREE=$MEMFREE_GLOBK
      PCT_USED=$PCT_USEDG
      *CAP="n/a"*
      MEMFREEL=$MEMFREE_GLOBK
      PCT_USED=$PCT_USEDG
      # No cap, we look at the total free.
   else

The zone name getting truncated has got to do with the string definition,
which is important to ensure correct formatting of the displayed output.
Check this bit of code.

*typeset -L10 ZONE*
typeset -R5 MEMCAP SWAPCAP CAP
typeset -R6 PCT_USED PCTSWAP
typeset -R8 MEMUSED MEMFREE TOTMEMFREE GLOBUSED RSS PCT_USEDG SWAP

As you can see, the ZONE(name) is a string, 10 characters long, left
justified.
Change the L10 to whatever fits for your zone names. L15 will probably work
fine.

Regards
Vernon

--
"Accept the challenges so that you can feel the exhilaration of victory"
- General George Patton