[Xymon] Xymon on Mac OS X: Time Machine volumes; stopping after IGNORE

Greg Earle earle at isolar.DynDNS.ORG
Thu May 8 00:10:27 CEST 2014

Huge thanks to Henrik for solving my earlier problem with .net alerts.

My Linux & Solaris hosts are humming along nicely, but I'm trying to add
a few Macs to the soup and have two minor issues to solve.  I've installed
Xymon on my work Mac as a sandbox for this and here's what I'm running
into:

(1) My Mac has a Time Machine volume mounted on "/Volumes/Time Machine Backups".
    It's often close to full and with a high percentage of used inodes:

[15:03] macmini:~ % df -h /Volumes/Time\ Machine\ Backups
Filesystem     Size   Used  Avail Capacity   iused   ifree %iused  Mounted on
/dev/disk1s2  931Gi  900Gi   31Gi    97% 236011707 8094959   97%   /Volumes/Time Machine Backups

(2) We have Tripwire installed everywhere in a certain path.  The Mac does
    not have it installed.  I want Xymon to ignore this and stop, rather
    than falling down through to the global PROC setting for this path.

My RE smack-fu must be sorely lacking in my old age, because this isn't
working (in analysis.cfg):

HOST=macmini
        INODE %^*.Time.Machine.Backups IGNORE
        DISK %^*.Time.Machine.Backups 98 99
        PROC    "/opt/tripwire/te/agent/jre/bin/java" IGNORE STOP

(I'm guessing that in the case of (2), the STOP keyword is not recognized
 when used in that file.  I do see it picking up on the IGNORE in the
 resultant alert e-mail; but then it falls through to the 2 PROC lines
 I have at the bottom of the file and I get the alert for no Tripwire
 anyway.)

Any help for mount paths with spaces in them, and ignoring a global PROC
setting on an individual host basis?

	- Greg