[Xymon] analysis.cfg not working?

Clark, Sean sean.clark at twcable.com
Mon Mar 31 19:30:02 CEST 2014

Shows blank:

LOG /var/log/mysqld.log MATCH=ERROR COLOR=red HOST=%rio-db-*.* (line: 332)
[ that is last stanza before    the DISPLAYGROUP= line, which is below]
PROC /usr/bin/pt-heartbeat 2 8 red (line: 336)
UP 3600 -1 (line: 342)
LOAD 1.00 3.00 (line: 343)
DISK * 90% 95% 0 -1 red (line: 344)
MEMREAL 100 101 (line: 345)

So that DISPLAYGROUP="Bastion" line gets lumped in with the default lines

So, I can see why it's red/applied to all – it thinks it should be

But, I knew that much already, hence my email to the group :-D

The man page for analysis.cfg   says DISPLAYGROUP='blah' is one of the valid ways of selecting dudes… but then it's missing