[Xymon] [FR] xymonclient-linux.sh and various procps (vzprocps)

Henrik Størner henrik at hswn.dk
Mon Mar 10 09:17:40 CET 2014

Den 2014-03-08 14:52, Sergey skrev:
> Some time it is needed to change some utilites. For example for
> monitoring OpenVZ host system without VPS. What about to add a
> some changes to xymonclient-linux.sh ? Exemplary patch in the
> attachment.
>
> This patch contains potential problem: loss a compatibility with
> bb's scripts with $PS. Perhaps it should be considered.
>
> Examle using with vzprocps:
>
> TOP="/usr/bin/vztop -E 0"
> PS="/bin/vzps -E 0"

I'll agree to changing the "ps" command in xymonclient-linux.sh to a
variable $PS, but deciding what those variables should point at is done
in the xymonclient.cfg config file. And I think your case of running the
client on OpenVZ is one of those cases where it is reasonable that you
must configure it by hand instead of relying on the configure-script to
get it right.