[Xymon] Swap two Xymon master sites to one master and one slave

Henrik Størner henrik at hswn.dk
Mon Mar 3 22:31:40 CET 2014

Den 26-02-2014 12:42, Peter Toft skrev:
> I have made many Xymon/Hobbit server over the years - all as their own
> master.
>
> One thing I have not understood is how I can keep one machine as a slave
> and it should then send the CPU, memory etc data to the other

> If I have two machines each with their bb-hosts:
>
> 10.0.0.1:
>    10.0.01 host1 #bbd ssh
>    10.0.0.2 host2 # ssh
>
> 10.0.0.2:
>    10.0.02 host2 #bbd ssh
>    10.0.0.1 host1 # ssh
>
> How can I turn 10.0.0.2 into a slave, which sends cpu, disk, files etc
> to 10.0.0.1?
>
> And 10.0.0.1 should then display for both machines.

I am not sure I understand completely what you are trying to do, but ...

If you want host1 to show the data for itself AND host2, then the
simplest way would be to run xymonproxy on host2, and have it proxy to
both itself (127.0.0.1) and host1. Run xymonproxy on port 1984 so it
catches all status reports - whether local or remote - and xymond (on
host2) on another port (e.g. 1985).

If you just want two servers that are identical, then the safest way is
to configure your clients to report to both servers. Your network test
xymonnet's should only report to their own server - so you run them
independently, but doing the same tests. With a bit of scripting you can
automatically pull hosts.cfg and analysis.cfg from host1 to host2.

Hope that helps.