[Xymon] When Xymon is offline

Lists lists at benjamindsmith.com
Wed Jun 11 22:27:11 CEST 2014

We have a xymon server hosted on a local (dev office) server so that we
can monitor our servers "from outside" - as customers would see things.
Generally, it works great. However, the office connection, being a
business class cable Internet, does experience some downtime, and when
it comes back online, my phone is deluged with messages about the sky
falling and all our services being down.

Is there a way for xymon to detect that it's off line and not send
hundreds of alerts? Ideal would be to have 3 or more xymon server
instances in a distributed wan cluster, and only generate alerts when a
quorum of >50% has been achieved. Is this possible?

Thanks,

Ben