[Xymon] Problem with conn test

Pelzetter, Steffen S.Pelzetter at wvs-basa.de
Mon Jul 28 12:52:22 CEST 2014

Hello,

I have expanded the number of clients to test with xymon putting some
internet-vpn-router of our company.

Now I have the problem, that the conn tests very often failing on some
hosts, generating a lot of alert e-mails.

But if I use a terminal on the xymon server and ping the  clients
"manually" there is no timeout.

I wonder why xymon is detecting a timeout for this hosts. The xymon
server is a vmware virtual machine with

ubuntu 12.04 LTS server on an esx 5.0.0 latest patches.

This morning I've update xymon from 4.3.10  to 4.3.17 and updated the
vmware-tools on that machine, but the

problem still remains. What happend to that?

Thanks.

--
This email was Anti Virus checked by Astaro Security Gateway. http://www.sophos.com