[Xymon] system reboot email alert

Robert Herron robert.herron at gmail.com
Sat Jul 12 15:16:30 CEST 2014

Check out the UP parameter/setting in the analysis.cfg.  (
https://www.xymon.com/help/manpages/man5/analysis.cfg.5.html):

*UP bootlimit toolonglimit [color]*

The cpu status goes yellow/red if the system has been up for less than
"bootlimit" time, or longer than "toolonglimit". The time is in minutes, or
you can add h/d/w for hours/days/weeks - eg. "2h" for two hours, or "4w"
for 4 weeks.

Defaults: bootlimit=1h, toolonglimit=-1 (infinite), color=yellow.

So, you could add "UP 30m -1 RED" to either the DEFAULT stanza or to select
hosts.  The CPU test will then have a "&red Machine recently rebooted"  at
the top (similar to this
<https://www.xymon.com/xymon-cgi/historylog.sh?HOST=brahms.hswn.dk&SERVICE=cpu&TIMEBUF=Mon_Jul_7_22:59:08_2014>)
when the host's uptime <= 30m.

Robert Herron