[Xymon] What do i see when i look at the memory check

deepak deore deepakdeore2004 at gmail.com
Wed Jul 2 17:20:04 CEST 2014

From:
http://stackoverflow.com/questions/12917179/on-linux-we-see-following-physical-real-swap-virtual-memory-which-should

"Physical memory is the amount of DRAM which is currently used. Real memory
shows how much your applications are using system DRAM memory. It is
roughly lower than physical memory. Linux system caches some of disk data.
This caching is the difference between physical and real memory. Actually,
when you have free memory Linux goes to use it for caching. Do not worry,
as your applications demand memory they gonna get the cached space back."

So you have to worry about actual memory and not the real memory.