[Xymon] xymonproxy perf issue

henrik at hswn.dk henrik at hswn.dk
Mon Jan 20 11:45:08 CET 2014

Den 17.01.2014 16:14, Gautier Begin skrev:

> Could it comes from
how the xymonproxy program handles the MACHINE variable ?

> I say
that because when the process becomes nuts, he makes only 'gettimer'
action. Then I have a look in the source file and found this line (line
452) that could correspond:

> _if (proxyname && ((now = gettimer())
>= (laststatus+300))) {_

[snip]

> Last Sunday, I wanted to start a
xymonproxy (vers 4.3.12) on a Solaris 10.5 with 900 targets . I had a
performance issue:

> - The xymonproxy process used 100% of only one
CPU (no multithread seen).
> - On the main XYMON server, data from this
proxy (I have one other on Ubuntu with 50 targets working fine) came
with difficulties (delays and lacks).

I suspect some kind of error
happened with the network socket handling. Could you add this patch and
try to reproduce the problem? It doesn't change the behaviour, but it
does add some error-reporting in case the core select() call fails.