[Xymon] [xymon] xymonproxy

Root, Paul T Paul.Root at centurylink.com
Fri Jan 17 15:25:43 CET 2014

Yes, that would work.

Yes you can change the port. It is done in tasks.cfg:

[xymonproxy]
    ENVFILE /usr/lib64/xymon/server/etc/xymonserver.cfg
    CMD $XYMONHOME/bin/xymonproxy --server=127.0.0.1:1985,192.168.3.212 --listen=0.0.0.0:1984 --report=$MACHINE.xymonproxy --no-daemon --pidfile=$XYMONSERVERLOGS/xymonproxy.pid
    LOGFILE $XYMONSERVERLOGS/xymonproxy.log

You see here, I have the proxy listening on 1984, and it sends out to itself on port 1985 and also to another machine on the regular port, 1984.

You need to be careful where you send disable and acknowledgements. You want to send them to the servers directly not the proxies. If you send to the proxy, you will get a loop that will change the disable times seemingly randomly until the disable expires.