[Xymon] Column order and accessibility of the 'info' column

John Thurston john.thurston at alaska.gov
Thu Jan 16 21:22:44 CET 2014

We're finding the 'info' column to be very important to us, but are also
finding it a little difficult to find in the web displays.

Since the number and titles of the columns displayed for each group
vary, it is impossible to know which green diamond is the 'info' column
without consulting the group-header. Is is difficult in a couple of cases:
   + If there are many hosts in a group, it can be hard to do the
      row/column matching to click the correct 'info' button.
   + If we use the 'find host/jump' function, the found host is
      at the top of the page and we must scroll up to find the header.

I can think of several ways to make this more usable:
   + Use a unique icon (or icon set) for 'info'. Is 'info' ever
      be anything but green?
   + Let me rename the 'info' column like we can the 'conn' column.
      If it were named ' info' it would always sort to the left.
   + Let me specify an alternative column sort order for my pageset.
   + Make the 'find/jump' option jump to the group rather than the host.

Can anyone suggest another way (which is already possible) I can use to
improve the accessibility of the 'info' column?

John Thurston    907-465-8591
John.Thurston at alaska.gov
Enterprise Technology Services
Department of Administration