[Xymon] Best way to override process detection for an individual server

henrik at hswn.dk henrik at hswn.dk
Wed Jan 15 09:16:27 CET 2014

Den 15.01.2014 04:29, Alex Krumm-Heller skrev:

> I am using xymon
4.3.12. I am trying to use xymon to monitor processes across a number of
servers. We have our analysis.cfg file setup with a regex entry to catch
all the servers in our domain, but I then want to override the check for
a single server.

> I have created an entry along the lines of:

HOST=%.*.foo.com
> PROC sshd 0 0 red HOST=fred.foo.com
> PROC sshd 1 -1
red
> When using the above config the fred.foo.com [1] server appears to
be getting both sshd criteria in the procs check, one looking for zero
and one looking for 1. Is there a way to override a check that runs
across the whole domain for a single server, so that fred.foo.com [2]
only looks for zero instances of sshd?

Add "EXHOST=fred.foo.com" to the
"sshd 1..." line.

Regards