[Xymon] MQ monitoring on Windows

Ribeiro, Glauber glauber.ribeiro at experian.com
Tue Jan 14 16:43:17 CET 2014

OK, I misunderstood. You should be able to send “data” messages. Same place in http://xymon.com/xymon/help/manpages/man1/xymon.1.html

data HOSTNAME.DATANAME<newline><additional text>

The first word is the literal “data” instead of “status”. I’ve used this in unix, but not windows. It should work, though. You may need to enable xymond_filestore on the server side (I did). I used this to build a poor-man’s tripwire system, where the clients report file hashes to the server, and the server compares them to a server-side database.

You would have to use bbwincmd for this, since the temp dir method hardcodes a “status” message.