[Xymon] Custom graph and TRENDS in hosts.cfg

John Thurston john.thurston at alaska.gov
Thu Jan 9 03:05:34 CET 2014

I have a couple of .rrd files for a host:
   dio.1.rrd
   dio.2.rrd

I am confident they have valid data and that Xymon is able to graph
their contents. If I add "dio" to the the "GRAPHS" line in
xymonserver.cfg, the chart is available on the "trends" page along with
the "tcp" chart.

If I then add "TRENDS:*,!tcp" to the host's line in hosts.cfg, the "tcp"
chart disappears and the "dio" chart is still available. If I change it
to "TRENDS:*,!dio" the "tcp" chart returns and the "dio" chart disappears.

What I'd really like is to not have this chart included on every host's
"trends" page, but to have it only on a few. I thought I could do this
by putting it only in the hosts.cfg for those specific hosts. But....

If I remove "dio" from the "GRAPHS" line and add "TRENDS:*,dio" to the
host's line in the hosts.cfg, the "tcp" chart is shown but the the "dio"
chart is not.

I can suppress the chart but not display it. What am I dong wrong?

John Thurston    907-465-8591
John.Thurston at alaska.gov
Enterprise Technology Services
Department of Administration